Thursday, January 24, 2013

Proposed Topic

For my capstone project at Champlain College, I plan on looking into some popular apps on the iPad.  So far I have started looking into the Dropbox application.  Other apps I plan on possibly looking into are Safari, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr - apps I use often.




I hope to learn more about myself during the project than about anything else.  I have been out of school and away from computer forensics for the better part of a year.  I want to see if I can produce forensic work worthy of graduation.  I hope to re-learn any information I have lost along the way, and of course, I hope to successfully forensically analyze these apps on the iPad.  I will be using a Cellebrite to remove the data and any other useful forensic tools I find along the way.

This project integrates with Champlain’s CORE program because everything is integrated with the CORE program.  CORE represents real life outside of your major.  This phone will be used by many people and will eventually have to be forensically analyzed in the real world.

Here is an outline of how I will likely be constructing my research paper:
  • Abstract
  • Introduction and topic/thesis
  • Overview
  • Background and Introduction to apps
  • Overview of hands-on project
  • Breakdown of project
    • Ex: I did "x" and produced a result of "y"
      • Snapshots
  • Issues
  • Summary
  • Conclusion
  • Works Cited

No comments:

Post a Comment